АНУ-ын Тэнгисийн цэргийн хүчин Дэлхийн хоёрдугаар дайны баатар Дорис Миллерийн нэрэмжит болгохоор төлөвлөж байсан шинэ нисэх онгоц тээгч хөлөг онгоцыг Ерөнхийлөгч Дональд Трампын нэрэмжит болгох асуудлыг хэлэлцэж эхэлжээ.
Дональд Трампын ерөнхийлөгчийн бүрэн эрхийн эхний хугацаанд баригдаж эхэлсэн Форд ангиллын уг хөлөг онгоцыг USS Doris Miller хэмээн нэрлэхээр төлөвлөж байсан юм. Гэвч Пентагоны эх сурвалжуудын мэдээлснээр, одоо уг хөлөг онгоцыг АНУ-ын ерөнхийлөгчийн нэрэмжит болгох хувилбарыг судалж байна. АНУ-ын түүхэнд одоо алба хашиж буй ерөнхийлөгчийн нэрээр нисэх онгоц тээгч хөлөг онгоцыг нэрлэж байсан тохиолдол үгүй юм.
Төлөвлөгөө ёсоор Дорис Миллерийн нэрийг өөр нэгэн хөлөг онгоцонд шилжүүлж болох бөгөөд түүнд нэхэн олгох “Medal of Honor” одонгийн асуудлыг ч хөндөж байна. Дорис Миллер нь 1941 оны арванхоёрдугаар сард Перл-Харборт болсон халдлагын үеэр шархадсан цэргүүдийг аварч, улмаар пулемёт ашиглан Японы онгоцнуудтай тулалдаж байсан гавьяатай юм.
Үүний зэрэгцээ, Дональд Трамп нисэх онгоц тээгч хөлөг онгоцнууд дээрх цахилгаан соронзон катапульт системийг хуучин уурын системээр солих тухай үндэсний аюулгүй байдлын санамж бичгийг гаргаад байна. Мөн шинэ ангиллын хөлөг онгоцнуудын загварыг ерөнхийлөгчийн тавьсан шаардлагад нийцүүлэн өөрчлөх асуудлыг Тэнгисийн цэргийн хүчин хэлэлцэж байгаа юм.
Одоогоор АНУ-ын тэнгисийн цэргийн хүчинд Форд ангиллын гурван хөлөг онгоц бүтээгдэж байгаагийн нэг болох USS Gerald R. Ford хөлөг онгоц ашиглалтад ороод байна. Пүрэв гарагт USS George Washington хөлөг онгоц Ойрхи Дорнодод хүрэлцэн ирж, тус бүс нутагт үүрэг гүйцэтгэж байсан USS Abraham Lincoln хөлөг онгоцыг орлосон байна.
Дэлгэрэнгүйг эх сурвалжаас харах
↓Эх сурвалжийг нээх ↓
The U.S. Navy is considering changing the name of a new aircraft carrier that had been designated to honor Doris Miller, a Black sailor celebrated for his actions during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II, according to a new report.
The vessel — a Ford-class carrier now under construction — was to be named the USS Doris Miller, officials said during Donald Trump’s first term.
Three people familiar with the matter told CNN that Navy officials are now working on a plan to change the carrier’s name.
Two sources said the possibility of naming the vessel after Trump has been raised within the Pentagon. Such a decision would be without precedent: no U.S. aircraft carrier has ever been named after a sitting president.
Miller, who was serving as a mess attendant when Japan attacked the U.S. naval base in Hawaii in December 1941, helped carry injured crew members to safety before taking up a machine gun to fire at Japanese aircraft — despite having received no formal weapons training. Two years later, he was killed in action.

Under the reported proposal, Miller’s name could instead be assigned to another Navy ship. At the same time, the service is said to be backing an attempt to posthumously award Miller the Medal of Honor. Congress would need to authorize the award.
Miller’s great-nephew, Thomas Bledsoe, told CNN that relatives had not been apprised of the potential name change or the Navy’s new Medal of Honor recommendation. He said the family had pushed for the honor for years and described the reported recommendation as encouraging.
The Independent has contacted the Navy for comment.

Currently, there are three Ford-class carriers under development. One, the USS Gerald R. Ford, is already operational and recently concluded a tour in the Middle East.
This week, Trump issued a national security memorandum that directs the Navy to replace the electromagnetic catapult systems on aircraft carriers with older steam-powered systems. The Hill also reported this week that the Navy may alter designs of the new class of aircraft carriers to meet specifications desired by Trump.
On Thursday, the USS George Washington aircraft carrier arrived in the Middle East to relieve USS Abraham Lincoln, both Nimitz-class ships, following reports of mental health struggles and supply shortages aboard the warship supporting the Iran conflict.
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has said that reports of poor conditions have been “completely misrepresented.”

