ОХУ болон Австралийн давхар иргэншилтэй эрэгтэй Украины зэвсэгт хүчний байршил, бүрэлдэхүүний талаарх мэдээллийг гадаадын тагнуулын байгууллагад дамжуулахыг завдсан үндэслэлээр буруутгагдаад байна.
Австралийн холбооны цагдаагийн газраас ОХУ-ын тагнуулын байгууллагатай холбоотой байж болзошгүй этгээдүүдтэй харилцаа тогтоосон 27 настай Владимир Тесловыг гаднын нөлөөллийн эсрэг хуулийн дагуу баривчилжээ. Уг этгээд 2024 оны аравдугаар сард ОХУ-д цэргийн сургуулилалт хийж, улмаар өнгөрсөн тавдугаар сард Украины зэвсэгт хүчинд элсэхдээ цэргийн алба хаагчид болон нэгжүүдийн байршлын талаарх мэдээлэлд нэвтэрсэн гэж мөрдөн байцаалтын явцад тогтоогджээ.
Цагдаагийн байгууллагын мэдээлснээр, сэжигтний энэхүү үйлдэл нь Украины цэргийн алба хаагчдын аюулгүй байдалд эрсдэл учруулсан байна. Энэхүү хэрэг нь Австрали улсад гаднын нөлөөллийн хэргээр шалгагдаж буй найм дахь тохиолдол бөгөөд ОХУ-тай холбоотой анхны хэрэг болж байгаа юм.
Брисбэн хотын шүүхээс сэжигтнийг батлан даалтад гаргахаас татгалзаж, хэргийг аравдугаар сарын 2-ныг хүртэл хойшлууллаа. Одоогоор Австралийн тагнуулын албад энэ нь өргөн хүрээтэй сүлжээ эсэхийг тогтоохоор мөрдөн байцаалтын ажиллагааг үргэлжлүүлж байгаа бөгөөд ОХУ-ын элчин сайдын яам уг хэргийн нөхцөл байдлыг тодруулж эхэлснээ мэдэгдэв.
Дэлгэрэнгүйг эх сурвалжаас харах
↓Эх сурвалжийг нээх ↓
Australian police have charged a man who allegedly joined the Ukrainian military and sought to provide information about its activities to people he suspected were Russian agents.
Vladimir Teslov, a dual Russian-Australian citizen, appeared in court on Friday after the Australian federal police (AFP) charged him with an attempted foreign interference. The offence carries a 20-year prison sentence.
Police alleged the 27-year-old travelled to Russia to undergo military-style training in October 2024.
When Teslov returned to Australia later that year, he maintained contact “with individuals he believed were connected to Russian intelligence services”, police alleged.
In May last year, he allegedly travelled to Ukraine and joined its armed forces. During this time, he accessed information relating to their military personnel, units and locations, police allege.
The AFP’s commissioner, Krissy Barrett, said an investigation into the man – codenamed Operation Woodcreeper – started in June this year.
It is alleged Teslov’s attempts to share the information “created a risk to the safety and security of Ukrainian military personnel”. He is alleged to have made the attempts in Australia and overseas.
Teslov was arrested on Thursday, with several properties in Brisbane being searched by police, and multiple devices seized.
He was believed to live in Victoria, and was unemployed, police said. There was no suggestion he received military training in Australia, nor worked for any government agency.
Barrett said the investigation was complex, but the man was not suspected to have posed any direct threat to Australia.
There was also no known connection between Teslov and a Russian-born couple, Kira and Igor Korolev, who lived in Brisbane and were charged with espionage offences in 2024, Barrett said. The pair have yet to enter a plea.
Barrett did not confirm how long Teslov had lived in Australia. When asked whether he was part of a broader network, she said investigations were continuing and further arrests were possible.
It was also being investigated whether he volunteered his services to the suspected Russian intelligence officials, or was recruited.
Barrett said the AFP had been engaged with domestic and international partners, but “it would be a matter for Ukraine whether they were going to commence any prosecutions”.
It is the eighth time foreign inference charges have been laid in Australia, but the first time the specific offence has involved an alleged offender connected to Russia.
She said Russia, however, had not been targeted by the AFP, despite Australia being an ally of Ukraine.
“Our job is ensuring Australia does not become a safe haven for people who think they can conduct foreign interference on our shores,” Barrett said.
Claire McGuinness, a deputy director-general for the Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation (Asio), said in a statement that foreign interference could represent “both a threat to life and a threat to our way of life.”
“This case should put regimes perpetrating foreign interference on notice: we have zero tolerance,” McGuinness said.
“ASIO’s resolve is firm, and we will continue to work with our close partners to detect and counter attacks on Australia’s sovereignty.
“This achievement demonstrates the rigour, perseverance and agility of Australian agencies. I am immensely proud of ASIO’s outstanding contribution to this case.”
Teslov was refused bail in the Brisbane magistrates court by Magistrate Lewis Shillito on Friday. His matter was adjourned to 2 October.
The Russian embassy in Canberra said it learned of the case as a result of media reports.
“At this stage, no official requests or notifications have been received by the Embassy or the Consulate General in Sydney, either from the Australian authorities or from the individual concerned,” it said in a statement.
“We are currently using the available channels and resources to establish the circumstances of the case.”

